follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 22, 2009

    Mozambique

    Back to the States. Adjusted to the time. Sorting photos. I've made it this far. = D.

    First off, I'd like to extend a HUGE thank you to all of you who have supported me in prayer, finances, or just great encouragement. This journey would not have been possible without you all.

    THANK YOU.

    I had the privilege of traveling to Mozambique for the last 10 days of my stay in Africa.

    FACT: 1.1 Billion of the world's population don't have access to clean water.

    FACT: Clean water improves not only the quality of life for its recipients, but increases life span.

    FACT: We are doing something to reduce that first number and increase the second.

    Together, we're making the lives of mothers a little brighter.




    or we can brighten the future of these kids.





    More after the link.



    Beginning 8 July 2009, VOXUnited began drilling 1 of 5 planned wells in rural villages of northern, Mozambique.

    Just to give you an idea.


    View Larger Map

    This is what the beginning looked like.







    A beginning of a new future. A future where kids can live far removed from diseases like dysentery, diarrhea, dehydration and hepatitis A.




    Where more than 1 in 5 kids can make it past age 5 and grow old.





    So this is the end of Africa for me. For now..... Back to the comforts that we all take for granted. I'll go a bit deeper into Mozambique in the coming days, this was just a primer.

    For more information on how you can get involved with bringing clean, healthy water to Southern Africa. Check this out.




    Jerome Love
    www.jeromelovesyou.com
    Follow me on Twitter.

    0 comments: