follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 16, 2009

    Golden Tickets are Overrated

    Yes Willy Wonka, I'm calling you out. You're tickets are overrated. My ticket to the FIFA Confederations Cup floats.





    I was absolutely blessed with the opportunity to go to the FIFA Confederations Cup. I was able to watch USA v. Italy. The game was great and we held our own about halfway through the game but the reigning champs embarrassed the USA in last 20 minutes of the game.




    That's not the amazing part though. As we made our way in, there were a series of ticket checkpoints. I made it through the first two and then felt a bit more comfortable so I decided to take out my camera and snap a few shots. Apparently in those 3 minutes I had either dropped, lost or gotten my ticket picked while I was shooting. I was freaking out looking through my bag. I finally approached a police officer and asked how I could make my way back to find my ticket, he directed me to another officer near the gate.

    Another guy was with the officer trying the same thing, and he finally let us through. The guy noticed I was a little frantic and asked me what my problem was. I explained the situation and he just shook his head. He then asked me a peculiar question.

    "Do you know where your seat is?"

    I looked at him rather surprised, and rifled off the information I had memorized. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ticket. He replied, "Here's my ticket, you can't sit there, but it will get you in."

    I was stunned. I asked him how he was going to get in.

    He replied, "I work for FIFA."

    AMAZING! Praise God for Andre.

    So that ladies and gents, is why my ticket floats.



    For more photos from the game visit my flickr.

    Jerome

    1 comments:

    Valerie said...

    dude thats awesome!!