follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 17, 2009

    Home Sweet Home

    So I've finally overcome jet lag and have gotten oriented and online here in Jo'Burg. It's been an amazing experience so far. This city is overwhelming in its size (Estimated 3.8 million!) its diversity and its disparity. The past few days I've just hung out with Jeff, Sarah, Laura and Sharon (VOX Personnel) getting accustomed to the city.

    This place is amazing. Downtown is as modern as any city Stateside and most of the outside townships (Brakpan,Boksburg,Dal Park, etc.) are just as modern as any town. But the disparity is amazing. The gap between the "have" and "have not" is as wide as the grand canyon. Next to these townships are shanty towns, government track homes and tent/squatter cities.

    I'm so interested in learning from this country and its people. For now I'm just soaking things in. With out further ado I present my humble abode.

    WESRoom_0001

    and half of the boarding passes from Delta(never flying with them again) that it took to get me here.

    WESRoom_0002

    Looking forward to your emails and comments. It keeps me company =D.

    Jerome

    www.jeromelove.net
    www.jeromelovesyou.com
    jerome@voxunited.org
    VOXUnited

    0 comments: