follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 3, 2010

    Things I Like Thursdays

    Continuing this tradition. I found a lot of things this week, while perusing the web. I also recently started a book club, summer school starts next week and life goes crazy yet again.


    Via ME.

    The Moviegoer by Walker Percy is the book we're reading for our book club. Apparently it's one of the best 100 novels of all time. I'll let you know once I'm finished. The second book is for my Intro to World Religions Class that I'm taking this summer. Nothing astounding in this book yet. More photos and ramblings after the click.


    I remember doing a project similar to this in my first (second to last) photo class in high school. I think it was called, "I fall to pieces" I like this one better.



    On the topic of books, here's a book cover I found. I'm no graphic designer but I found it pleasing to the eye. I've added a few tattoos to my body in the earlier part of this year so I'm a fan of the title as well.



    I love skateboarding. I wish I did it enough these days that my skate shoes looked more like this. Every skater (except Casey) loves to see a pair of his own this beatup at some point. They fit perfect. They feel the board perfectly. The grip like crap. But they got soul, baby... soul.


    Lastly, who doesn't love a little Wes Anderson, you may not like this one (it's a little slow, Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite), but he puts out great dark comedy.

    All of the above VIA FFFFOUND!


    To wrap things up for now, sit down with my favorite editorial photographer John Keatley and hear his story about why he photographs. If you're a photographer, a creative professional or have some type of aspiration other than your day job, this one's worth the thirty minutes.

    Photography Talk Chapter One from John Keatley on Vimeo.


    Part II:

    Photography Talk Chapter Two from John Keatley on Vimeo.



    VIA Keatley's blog

    0 comments: