follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 30, 2010

    Day #179/365 - Nikki


    Day #179/365 - Nikki, originally uploaded by Jerome Love.

    This was one of those days. I had four simple things to do after waking up and that was it. I thought I had it all under control but mannnn no fun.

    1) Drive to Elk Grove, pick up mail
    2) Print out wedding pricing guides and information for clients
    3) Meet with clients
    4) Shoot

    I got to one and it all fell apart.

    I got to my parents place and pickup a package I've been waiting for as well as my sample albums. One thing you never account for when you first move out is how long it actually takes to pick something up from you parents. You don't live with them anymore, so it's like a family visit and you catch up! Anyhow I spent 30 more minutes than I needed to there.

    Home by 3:45, meeting at 6, shoot at 7. I sit down at my computer to find that my wedding pricing handout had been on an old hard disk that decided to die on me earlier this year. Time to design a new one. Two hours later I'm at Fedex getting it printed.

    I show up 5 minutes late to my meeting but had a great time and am so excited to work with this couple as they begin their life together, more details on that as they come.

    I lost track of time and ended up at my house at 7pm, Nikki was understanding but we ended up sitting in my living room, her, her friend and I brainstorming what the heck we were going to shoot.

    This is my point, I had set this time aside to do this (6:30 - 7:00) but had found myself a bit late and clueless. There's an important aspect of being creative and that's setting aside enough of that quiet time to give your brain a break from the hustle and bustle of the day.

    Long story short, we drove around a bit, found this rad shot and the shoot rocked.

    el fin.


    0 comments: