follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 23, 2010

    Totally wallin', bro.

    Day #52/365 - Wallrides

    I went out with Kris the other night to this wall spot. We had meant to shoot some photos of this bank, but it was a little too dark. This place had a light at least. Photos and more after the click.

    Still a super hard situation to focus in low light. The 5D isn't necessarily known for its focusing system. So I flipped the switch and shot it manually.

    WallSpot-1

    I think one of the hardest things as a photographer is actually knowing your limits. I started out shooting this mostly wide and close like the above shot. It was ok, but I wasn't really feeling it and neither was Kris. He said, "Maybe you should try shooting from there or here." A year ago or maybe six months even, I would have shrugged it off and been like whatever, "this guy rides bikes, what does he know about photography? (Kris actually does know how to use a camera, and pretty well.) But I took the advice, and we were both stoked on the results.

    WallSpot-6

    WallSpot-7

    Kris and the Tractor

    You should check out some more of his stuff over at lockedcog.com

    0 comments: